- Even when a new home has met code, it should have a home inspection.
- Always ask about licensing, professional affiliations and credentials.
- Follow up on the inspection report before closing on your house.
- A home inspection is one of the most important steps you can take to make sure your new home is a sound investment and a safe place to live.
- Many people don't fully understand what happens in a home inspection or what they need to do to get the most out of it. Find out what inspectors say are the five biggest mistakes buyers make during the home inspection, and how you can avoid these potentially pricey pitfalls.
And remember, the home inspector is hired by you. He's there to give you an honest, straight opinion about the house.